Why Oil Search?
As a growing Papua New Guinean company, Oil Search operates all of the country’s producing oil elds, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. With exciting growth opportunities like the potential expansion of the PNG LNG Project and proposed development of the Papua LNG Project ahead of us, Oil Search is a great place to discover and explore your potential.
About the role
Seeking an experienced Contracts Administrator with extensive SAP software procurement experience
Opening date: 4 June 2019
Closing date: 3 July 2019
Papuan Oil Search Limited (Oil Search) was established in Papua New Guinea in 1929 and is the country’s largest oil producer and private employer. Over 95% of its assets are in PNG, where it holds oil and gas production and exploration licences plus a 29% interest in the US$19 billion PNG LNG Project. This world class liquefied natural gas (LNG) development, which delivered its first LNG sales in May 2014, has quadrupled Oil Search’s production and transformed the Company into a major LNG exporter. Oil Search has a clear strategy to drive future growth and are pursuing opportunities in Alaska and the development of three additional LNG trains in PNG.
The Contracts Administrator is responsible for planning, negotiating, administering and reviewing contracts and documentation in accordance with Company’s contract and procurement process, standards, Delegation of Authority and health, safety and environmental requirements. The role ensures that best commercial practices are executed at all times to ensure value for money for the company. The Contracts Administrator should review and ensure contractor performance through the collection and analysis of date to ensure supplier performance and compliance.
A key skill for this role is the extensive and daily use of SAP software and its associated procurement systems including Ariba and Concur. The Contracts Administrator is the SAP champion of the department, and is a Superuser that gives guidance and advice to all teams on the SAP procurement process.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Escalate contract non-compliance and other major issues to Senior Vice President Contracts and Contracts Lead.
- Support the Contracts Specialist with the review of major contracts to identify sectors of strategic spend within and across projects
- Review purchase orders and service entry sheets in SAP to confirm compliance to contracts
- Through the development of internal relationships, raise project team awareness of the role of P&C and actively provide governance advice on contractual issues to ensure the project and the contractor act in accordance with agreements.
- Carry out all commercial activities associated with the lifecycle of agreements with contractors in accordance with the Company’s P&C Policy P&C Management Standards, the Delegation of Authority (DOA) and HSES requirements including:
- Identify the most appropriate contracting method for third party supply
- Support tender activities including the sourcing of contractors, drafting of commercial documents, issue of tender documentation, witnessing of tender opening, disseminate to applicable personnel for technical evaluation, carry out commercial and legal evaluation and due dilligence.
- Support contracts leadership team in the negotiations with contractors to secure the preferred third party supply, based on the lowest cost of acquisition.
- Liaise and seek advice from key company functions when drafting and managing issues during the life of a contract.
- Prepare and execute contract documents, including the preparation of internal approval documentation.
- Prepare and issues call out and amendment documentation including the preparation of internal approval documentation.
- Ensure adherence to contractual terms by both parties
- Review the work performed by suppliers and their contractors
- Work closely with contract owners to continually review the progress of each contractor to enable early identification of commercial issues.
- Prepare reporting on contractor performance including spend, legal and compliance matters, variations to contract, individual contractor performance
- Ensure effective and timely close out of contracts, including the management and negotiation
- Other duties that may be assigned by the contracts leadership team
This position is offered on a full-time basis. Oil Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
If you would like to be a part of a diverse and multicultural team, we invite you to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: Wednesday 3 July 2019