Corporate Safety Advisor
Why Oil Search?
As a growing Papua New Guinean company, Oil Search operates all of the country’s producing oil elds, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. With exciting growth opportunities like the potential expansion of the PNG LNG Project and proposed development of the Papua LNG Project ahead of us, Oil Search is a great place to discover and explore your potential.
About the role
Corporate Safety Advisor – Systems & Strategy
- Support Oil Search HSES corporate strategy and systems
- Improve safety performance with data-driven and co-designed solutions
- Permanent staff position in Sydney CBD – Attractive rewards package
Oil Search was established in Papua New Guinea in 1929, where it operates all the country’s producing oil fields, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. This world-class liquefied natural gas (LNG) development has transformed the Company into a major LNG exporter. Oil Search has a clear strategy to drive future growth and are pursuing opportunities to develop an additional three LNG trains in PNG, underpinned by existing discovered gas resources.
As the Corporate Safety Advisor, you will support the PNG and Alaska Business Units via development, implementation and maintenance of the Corporate HSES Management System including safety communication content and material. You will provide assurance for Oil Search high risk activities; act as the subject matter focal point for HSES Contractor Management; and assist with incident investigations when required.
- Develop and maintain content for the HSES Management System and Intranet
- Collate HSES data for reporting and provide insights to key stakeholders
- Develop Group HSES communication packages
- Work closely with key business leads to extend and build on the existing reporting culture
- Conduct audit and assurance activities as per the audit plan
- Support field incident investigations
- Conduct contractor capability assessments and support the development of contractor bridging documents
- Provide guidance and support for Project Managers and Contract Owners to meet HSES contractor management requirements
- Monitor contractor performance and support initiatives for continual improvement
This position is offered on a full-time, permanent staff basis in Sydney’s CBD. Oil Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
To apply, follow the link and upload your current resume in word format. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Brent Russell at Resourceful Recruitment on the details below:
Direct: 07 3214 3602
How to apply
If you would like to be a part of a diverse and multicultural team, we invite you to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: Wednesday 27 March 2019