Project Engineer - Facilties
Why Oil Search?
As a growing Papua New Guinean company, Oil Search operates all of the country’s producing oil elds, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. With exciting growth opportunities like the potential expansion of the PNG LNG Project and proposed development of the Papua LNG Project ahead of us, Oil Search is a great place to discover and explore your potential.
About the role
- Major associated gas expansion project to enable PNG LNG expansion
- Provide facilities project engineering expertise and support to the Technical Manager
- Sydney commencement followed by relocation to FEED Contractor office
Oil Search was established in Papua New Guinea in 1929, where it operates all the country’s producing oil fields, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. This world-class liquefied natural gas (LNG) development has transformed the Company into a major LNG exporter. Oil Search has a clear strategy to drive future growth and are pursuing opportunities in Alaska and the development of three additional LNG trains in PNG.
Reporting to the AGX Technical Manager, the Facilities Project Engineer provides project engineering expertise and ensures that appropriate business, engineering structures, systems and tools are deployed and implemented for the delivery of the AGX project. This includes all aspects of Surface Facilities Engineering, integration with Subsurface, Safety and Quality in Design, Operations and Value Engineering from the FEED through to the Operations phase of the AGX Project.
- Provide oversight of the Engineering Contractor/s during FEED (Define) and future phases for the Surface Facilities scope
- Assist the Technical Studies Manager in the execution planning in accordance with the approved scope, schedules, budgets, HSES and quality targets
- Assist in the development and ensure implementation of a Project Specific Heath Safety and Environmental Management Plan
- Ensure inherent safety principles are applied in design and that project scope delivers improved process safety outcomes
- Assist in the implementation of risk mitigation actions identified in risk assessments
- Accountable for production of the technical work (for Surface Facilities) to underpin and support the passage of assigned Opportunity / Project through the gated decisions of ODF
- Involved in orchestrating the discipline SME Engineers for the framing and delivery of the technical elements of opportunity and project targets for Surface
- Provide progress reporting for the monthly and 3-month look-ahead reporting
- Ensure Engineering Contractor/s deliver on budget, schedule and to KPI targets
- Ensure the implementation of Contractor’s agreed QA/QC management plan and associated procedures, including oversight of the Contractor’s technical change management process and participation in regular auditing of QA/QC records
Oil Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
To apply, follow the link and upload your current resume in word format. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Brent Russell at Resourceful Recruitment on the details below:
Direct: 07321 43602
Mobile: 0420 413 371
How to apply
If you would like to be a part of a diverse and multicultural team, we invite you to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: Wednesday 31 July 2019