Senior Completions & Test Engineer
Why Oil Search?
As a growing Papua New Guinean company, Oil Search operates all of the country’s producing oil elds, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. With exciting growth opportunities like the potential expansion of the PNG LNG Project and proposed development of the Papua LNG Project ahead of us, Oil Search is a great place to discover and explore your potential.
About the role
- Collaborate team environment
- Unique technical challenges – Significant work programme
- 24-month Fixed Term Contract based in Sydney CBD
Oil Search was established in Papua New Guinea in 1929, where it operates all the country’s producing oil fields, holds an extensive appraisal and exploration portfolio and has a 29% interest in the PNG LNG Project. This world-class liquefied natural gas (LNG) development has transformed the Company into a major LNG exporter. Oil Search has a clear strategy to drive future growth and are pursuing opportunities to develop an additional three LNG trains in PNG, underpinned by existing discovered gas resources.
As the Senior Completions & Test Engineer you will be responsible for the engineering, planning, programming, execution and closeout of well completions, workovers and well testing operations.
- Preparation of completion & workover or well test programmes and cost estimates
- Develop recommendations on equipment and materials specification, procurement and contracting with long term outlook, including strategic planning
- Monitor daily completion / test operations for HSE, cost, efficiency and completion integrity
- Conduct end of well review meetings to assess technical, operational, financial and productivity performance
- Liaise with service companies and stakeholders to plan, execute and close out projects, striving for operational excellence
- Support the in-country team for technical support of ongoing operations and act as the focal point for campaigns
- Manage all aspects of well analysis investigation, remedial options and operational programmes
- Ensure logistics for operations and well work is well planned to avoid non-productive time
- Prepare the Basis of design documents and operational programmes for well testing & completion operations
- Prepare campaign / operational time and cost estimates for input into AFE’s
- Provide rig site support to completions/workover supervisor during execution of the completion/workovers as required
This position is offered on a 24-month fixed term contract basis, in Sydney’s CBD. Oil Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
To apply, follow the link and upload your current resume in word format. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Brent Russell at Resourceful Recruitment on the details below:
Direct: 07 3214 3602 Mobile: 0420 413 371
How to apply
If you would like to be a part of a diverse and multicultural team, we invite you to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: Friday 29 March 2019