On 17 December 2021, Oil Search merged with Santos. Oil Search is now part of the Santos Group. You can learn more about Santos operations at www.santos.com
License interests as at 23 February 2021
|Field/Project||Oil Search Interest %||Operator|
|PNG Petroleum Development Licences (PDL)A|
|PDL 2||Kutubu, Moran||60.05||Oil Search|
|PDL 2 - SE Mananda JV||SE Mananda||72.27||Oil Search|
|PDL 3||SE Gobe||36.36||Santos|
|PDL 4||Gobe Main, SE Gobe||10.00||Oil Search|
|PDL 6||Moran||71.07||Oil Search|
|SE Gobe Unit (PDL 3/PDL 4)||22.34||Oil Search|
|Moran Unit (PDL 2/PDL 5/PDL 6)||49.51||Oil Search|
|Hides Gas to Electricity Project (PDL 1)||100.00||Oil Search|
|PDL 7||South Hides||40.69||ExxonMobil|
|PNG LNG Project||PNG LNG Project||29.00||ExxonMobil|
|PNG Pipeline Licences (PL)|
|PL 1||Hides||100.00||Oil Search|
|PL 2||Kutubu||60.05||Oil Search|
|PL 3||Gobe||16.17||Oil Search|
|PL 4||PNG LNG Project||29.00||ExxonMobil|
|PL 5||PNG LNG Project||29.00||ExxonMobil|
|PL 6||PNG LNG Project||29.00||ExxonMobil|
|PL 7||PNG LNG Project||29.00||ExxonMobil|
|PL 8||PNG LNG Project||29.00||ExxonMobil|
|PNG Petroleum Processing Facility Licence|
|PPFL 2||PNG LNG Project||29.00||ExxonMobil|
|PNG Petroleum Retention Licences (PRL)B|
|PRL 14||Cobra, Iehi||62.56||Oil Search|
|PRL 41||Flinders / Hagana||100.002||Oil Search|
|PNG Petroleum Prospecting Licences (PPL)C|
|PPL 339||35.003||Oil Search|
|PPL 402||37.50||Oil Search|
|PPL 507||37.50||Exxon Mobil|
|PPL 545||40.00||Oil Search|
|PPL 608||100.00||Oil Search|
|Alaska, United States of America4|
|Pikka Unit||51.00||Oil Search|
|Horseshoe Area||51.00||Oil Search|
|Lagniappe A||75.00||Oil Search|
|Lagniappe B5||50.00||Oil Search|
|Lagniappe C6||50.00||Lagniappe Alaska|
|Nanushuk West A7||36.00||North Slope Energy|
|Nanushuk West B8||50.00||North Slope Exploration|
1. The PDL application submitted by the PRL 3 joint venture in respect of the P’nyang field in December 2015 remains pending Ministerial grant.
2. PRL granted in February 2020.
3. During 2020 regulatory approval of Kina’s proposed transfer to Santos of a 17.11% interest was obtained by Santos. The transfer by Kina to Santos of a second tranche of a 2.89%
interest remains subject to satisfaction of conditions including regulatory approval.
4. Includes US Government and State of Alaska leases.
5. In 2020, Oil Search assigned a 50% ownership in certain of these leases to Lagniappe Alaska LLC, an Affiliate of Armstrong Oil and Gas, LLC. Transfer is pending government
approval; once approved, transfer is expected to be effective as of 1 December 2020.
6. In 2020, Lagniappe Alaska LLC, an Affiliate of Armstrong Oil and Gas, LLC. assigned a 50% ownership in certain of these leases to Oil Search.
7. In 2020, Oil Search acquired a 36% ownership interest in leases acquired by North Slope Energy, LLC, an Affiliate of Armstrong Oil and Gas, LLC
8. In 2020, Oil Search acquired a 50% ownership interest in leases acquired by North Slope Exploration LLC, an Affiliate of Armstrong Oil and Gas, LLC, acquired in the 2019
NPR-A Oil and Gas Lease Sale.
A. In September 2020 the PDL application for Mananda (APDL 11) was withdrawn.
B. In October 2020 the following PRLs expired: PRL 8, PRL 9 and PRL 10.
C. During 2020 Ministerial consent to the surrender of PPL 395, PPL 548, PPL 569, PPL 504 and PPL 595 was granted.
Application to surrender PPL 507 was lodged with the regulator and remains pending Ministerial consent.